Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Tool 10 Dygital Citizenship

Digital Citizenships is one of the most important concepts we must teach in this days, I was completely in shock wan I saw the video clip Digital Dossier by Kanupriya Tewary http://youtu.be/79IYZVYIVLA, I don’t think the Kinder kids will benefit much from it but If we start early enough to plant the seed maybe our kids will become aware and process it before is to late. I continue to agree with Cool Cat when she wrote” It is a process and cannot just be taught by one teacher one time and expect retention. It must permeate all subjects in all grade levels just like reading"
Three things that I will address with my kids several times through the year are ( and what does that mean for kinder):
Never give personal information
Cyberbullying:
Never download without teacher supervision
I will use http://www.cybersmart.gov and brain pop
For the parents I will provide a list of sites (maybe the chart provided by SBISD )

1 comment:

arkreynolds said...

It takes me several times hearing and seeing something before I am able to internalize so it goes to reason that our students will be much the same. Starting digital citizenship lessons early is vital to keeping our kids safe and teaching online etiquete while building wise consumers of information. It is a job too big for one person and needs to be restated by various people throughout the education process. Thanks for helping your students learn to be good digital citizens!