Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

thing #2


I love Wordle because it is so easy to use, I am thinking to let the kids write as many words they can write for 5 minutes maybe 2 times per grading period for them to see the difference in their progress, another way will be after each unit we study they can write the vocabulary that they learned. I also like voice thread, it seems not very complicated ( maybe just time consuming) and the potential for how to use in the class it is big. In my classroom the students do a lot of independent learning of non fiction subjects and at the end of their research they do a presentation I can picture them in voice thread.One of the things that I really like it is that the teacher must use comment moderation before anyone can see the comments. Do you know if the district has a license? or each SBISD teacher must by their own? That will be a down point.
I have fun with Voki, the cartoon characters will really motivate the students and increase their creativity, I am sure that will be very helpful for the ESL and bilingual kids to improve their language learning.
For a couple of years now the District had invited Matt Glover to work with the early childhood teachers and the writing process, using bookr will help a lot with that, there are kids that an early age their penmanship is beautiful and for others ... it is always hard, and get discourage and frustrated when no one else can read their books! .It is the same with their drawings so learning to use bookr will be a great tool. I have to admit I did not understand how to get import the pictures from flicker, I wonder if I can download them from my camera.

No comments: