Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

thing#6

This year my kinder class had the privilege to use I touch at the library a couple of times. I was amazed of their ability to learn how to use them. The lessons where introduction to an I touch so they were free to explore. I was hooked to thing#6 for two days going from link to link incredible all there is to do, the possibilities are endless more for the older grades. When they are doing research projects and each team get an I touch each member can have a job, taking notes, making flash cards, find the pictures, save them for a slide show, find the map, create a test etc.
This summer I am working in one of the Early childhood Centers and they shared with me that they use their I Touch ( YES, they have them in prek :0 )as a center,one of the links that I thought will be appropriate for the early grades is abc PocketPhonics Lite: letter sounds & writing + first words Support and just in there you can find topics like shapes, color, numbers animals, etc.



The instructions to down load an application to your i touch I got them from About.com


The first step is to identify the app you want to download. Go to iTunes and select the App Store. You can do this in the Applications menu at the left or, in the iTunes Store, from the left-hand store menu.
Once you’re there, search or browse for the App you want in the way you’d normally use the iTunes Store.
Download the app and pay for it, if it costs money.
It will automatically be added to your iTunes library in the Applications section on the left and be ready for syncing to your iPod by default.
Sync your iPod touch with the computer you’ve downloaded the app onto and it will automatically be added to your iPod touch. Now it’s ready to use.

No comments: