Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #12...back and for #11

Very interesting ....



One of the things that I have felt through out this process is lonlines. Some times I feel that I am lost in space all by myself.

I spend hours reading all the list of the sb players I have notice that the persons that leave comments are the same for that particular blog. I assumed they know the blogger and are encouraging one and other. (This is not truth for every single one)

I haven't noticing conversations growing in each particular topic. I am wondering if this is because the majority of us is knew at blogging and did not read 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog before? or because we are to busy going on " thing after thing"

This is me, First, I tried to leave comments several times before but when I got to the user and password I had a hard time remember my information :( I finally figure it out.

Second, I did not payed attention to my previous post. If I did not get a comment right away in the "Thing" I just posted I didn't even had the curiosity to see my past . I apologist to my readers and I promise I will look back more often ( I'm very much on the here and Know )

Third, I'm so knew at this that I feel uncomfortable commenting in such a well posted blogs. Reading "Jakob Nielsen’s latest study finds that 90% of online community users are lurkers " from the 10 Techniques to get More Comments on your Blog I realize that If I don't one to feel

"Alone" I have to become more proactive,so.....



I will like to Know if you are a Kinder teacher or will be a Kinder teacher next fall or if you know of some kinder teachers that are doing the 23 Thing.





I was reading this morning a blog with the Title "Children Teaching Children" ( I'm sorry I don't have the exact information I did not saved it and know I am sorry) about a project of 5 grade teachers that are going to try to have students podcast there reading techniques they are learning from the series of Lucy Calkins. I thought that was a wonderful idea and I was wondering if my kinder kids will be able to do something like that. What do you think about this? I will love your opinions on the idea. Do you think is crazy, possible, nightmare, brilliant?

7 comments:

Terry said...

Somewhere in your blog settings, you can set it so that any comment has to be approved by you. What this does is send you an email that someone has commented so you know even if someone comments a month from now! That helps because none of us have the time to go back and check all of the posts for comments. Finding a few bloggers to chat with definitely enhances this experience. I was fortunate that I did it when several people I knew were also doing it. I can't help you with K teachers but Crazy PreK Man would be one to watch though he's not done anything in a while. I think he will eventually. You're not alone!

Terry said...

I just saw that the It's Greek To Me player blog mentions working with 1st graders. Close enough to share some ideas probably!

VWB said...

I attended NECC about 10 days ago and was privileged to meet and talk wih Maria Knee, a kinder teacher!, who won an award for the thngs she does with her kids using 2.0 tools
here is her blog
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=51141
thought you might like to vist and see if there are things you might like to do!

she seems to be a very generous person who might even anaswer some questions if you contact her?

atxteacher said...

I know what you mean about discussions not building within the Library2Play community. I have seen rich discussions at other well established blogs, though. I think we can get there!

Unlike "th", I don't want to have to approve all the comments. I feel like that sets up a level of monitoring or censoring that I don't prefer. Instead, I set my blog to email me comments that are made. You can do that without having to approve them.

In your blog, go to the Settings tab and choose the Comments button at the top. At the bottom of the page just before the orange Save Settings Button, there's a box beside "Comment Notification Email". I just put my email address there, clicked Save Settings, and now I get an email any time a comment is made on my blog. I don't have to remember to go check!

Unknown said...

Check out the blog Jill's Talk. She's Kdg teacher. And Crazy PreK Man is back in town and should be posting soon.

Kinder2:) said...

soq, tank you for the information. Yes I have kept on eye on crazy Pk I'm glad he is back.

Unknown said...

Don't know how I forgot this one since she's one of my best friends, but SchoolBlogger has taught PK and 1st and will be Kdg this year. Check out her blog, too.