Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #15 WALL-E

Yes! we have to change even if we don't feel comfortable at first. The children on this days come wired different that we did. When I choose to use Tumble books from the Library resources page the attention of my children is 100 % ,they remember more and they want to participate more than after a person reads the book. That is sad! Yes, libraries are going to change, I'm not sure what is going to happen with the paper books in 10 years or more ( I hope is more).Are we very far from the movie WALL-E, when the captain ask the computer : "define earth" and you can see in the screen all the pictures of what computer is saying.

I don't think the school system is moving as fast as the children need to. For example the use of technology in the classroom doesn't get promoted and supported ( how many computers are in each classroom for 18-22 children) as much as we need to. Does any one remember when we had a technology person in each campus, and they taught technology lesson for the kids each week? If a class of 20 children are with a teacher that doesn't know and does not want to know about "computer stuff" does children are bummed for a YEAR!

I am grateful that I decided to do 23 Things!

2 comments:

VWB said...

I think paper books...ESPECIALLY the beautifully illustrated picture books that you use with kinder students will be around "forever". But yes, there are many changes coming...some we can't even imagine!

jenny said...

Hi there! I am a kinder teacher too! AND I just saw WALL-E at the movies yesterday so I really liked your post!
One of my reasons for doing 23 Things is that I don't know very much about technology - but I do want to find meaningful ways to use it more in kinder! Post any ideas you have!!!