Followers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thinh # 16 Wikis

I like this thing . One of the must important concepts to work on in Kinder is to develop their vocabulary. We like to do alphabets with the unit that we are taking about, plants, rocks,Texas etc. I am thinking that maybe we can use wiki with this concept. The children can make the trading card ( Thing #3) and then we will add it to wiki. What do you think? They can even see it in a slide show format.

I will like to use it with the bilingual kg teachers. We are going nuts with the implementation of the bilingual centers and this can be a hit!

When I was in the sandbox I did not see spelling check box, did I miss it?

3 comments:

arkreynolds said...

No. The way around not having spell check is to type your comment in a word document, spell check, then copy and paste it into the wiki. Hope this helps.

Jimmie O'Quinn said...

So many of the ideas that we are learning are going to be great for Kinder. I wish I would have had the tools when I taught Kinder, but now that I have them I will be able to use them with my Pre-Kinder class.

Let me know how you are implementing. It is going to be a good idea for Pre-K & K teachers to work together who have done the 23 Things so we can do this together.

CrazyPreKman

nancym said...

It is so nice to find a lower grade level teacher. I am the Random Daily Responder and find most of the participants to be secondary teachers. I teach 5th grade science (TAKS tested) on an Ele. campus pk-6th grade. It would be fun to use a comic generator to make a class book in response to a given topic such as spiders, rocks, different animals... I too am concerned that not enough technology gets taught. Our 5th graders are great at some things but lack a lot of the basic operational knowledge. I love trying to teach it in science class during technology projects but I always have to worry about the T--S. We too used to have an instructor but she now monitors programs like Head Sprout and Fast Forward.